Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Fedora 13 ssh with NIS users login problem (solved)

Hi

Installed the Fedora 13, configured the NFS and NIS client.
When trying to login got this message:

"Could not chdir to home directory /home-nis/userName: Permission denied"

Solution:

Need to disable the SeLinux from Fedora. To do so in terminal run this as root ->

lnx#> echo 0 > /selinux/enforce

P.S.: you should permanently disable selinux ->
lnx#> vi /etc/selinux/config

and change this line

SELINUX=enforcing

with:

SELINUX=disabled


See ya on the next topic ;)

2 comments:

  1. Hi,

    I am having similar problem. In my fedora 13, I have setup NFS server (who directory is mounted to other machine) which is working fine. I setup NIS client. ypbind is running. ypcat passwd.yname gives me appropriate output. But when I tried to ssh to this machine from other using NIS user name, it does not accept password. With same NIS configuration, it is working fine in other machine with older Fedora. Firewall, selinux, and NetworkManager are disabled. Have you seen this type of problem?

    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Hours of messing around with ssh and NFS settings, and I should have gone to Google first. :-)

    Your answer is much appreciated.

    ReplyDelete